Found this on Pinterest the other week and decided to give them a try. They turned out amazing! Very flaky and yummy : )
o 2 cups + 2 Tbsp flour, plus more for dusting
o 1 tsp salt
o 1 Tbsp sugar
o 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (cold)
o 4 Tbsp ice water
o 8-10 Tbsp preserves/jam (The better the jam, the better the poptarts)
o 1 egg + 1 Tbsp waterOptional: 2 cups chopped fruit
1. Mix the flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Add butter and mix with fingers until it resembles coarse meal.
3. Add ice water and mix lightly and form into a ball.
4. Divide in half; shape each half into a disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for 1 hour.
5. Roll 1 disk at a time on a floured surface to about 13x11 inches. Trim to 12x10 and cut into 5x3-inch rectangles.
6. Place 4 rectangles on each baking sheet. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of preserves onto the center and top with chopped fruit.
7. Cover with second dough rectangle and gently press the edges to seal.
8. Crimp edges with a floured fork and poke a few holes on top.
9. Cover tarts and freeze for 2 hours or up to 1 week (I froze overnight and then baked the next morning).
10. Whisk egg and water and brush over tarts right before baking (I skipped this step)
12. Bake frozen tarts at 375 for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
13. Sift powdered sugar over tarts or frost with powdered sugar icing.
Yields: 8 Servings
Estimated time: 4 hours